We provide PMRA Registration and Canadian Representative services for clients who wish to register Pesticide Devices and Products with the Health Canada Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA).
What is PMRA registration:
Canadian pesticide registration is a complex process that involves the evaluation of ingredients, extensive testing to determine the potential risks posed to human health and the environment, and the pesticide’s value which is determined by assessing the product’s efficacy.
Pesticide Devices and Products:
1) Pesticide Devices:
Pesticide Devices work by physical means (such as electricity, light or mechanics) and does not contain a substance or mixture of substances to destroy, repel, trap or mitigate any pest such as insects, weeds, rodents, certain other animals, birds, mold/mildew, bacteria and viruses.
Devices include, but are not limited to:
- certain ultraviolet light systems, ozone generators, water filters and air filters (except those containing substances), and ultrasonic devices for which claims are made to kill, inactivate, entrap, or suppress the growth of fungi, bacteria, or viruses in various sites;
- certain high frequency sound generators, carbide cannons, foils, and rotating devices for which claims are made to repel birds;
- black light traps, fly traps, electronic and heat screens, fly ribbons, and fly paper for which claims are made to kill or entrap certain insects.
- mole thumpers, sound repellents, foils, and rotating devices for which claims are made to repel certain mammals.
- products that are claimed to control pests via electromagnetic and/or electrical emissions (e.g., hand held bug zappers, electric flea combs).
- products that work via principles indicated in the 1976 Federal Register Notice for one category of pest but are claimed to control pests of different types (e.g., sticky traps for rodents (without attractants), light or laser repellents for birds, etc.).
2) Pesticide Products:
Pesticide Product contains a substance or mixture of substances that is intended to destroy, repel, prevent or mitigate any pest such as insects, weeds, rodents, certain other animals, birds, mold/mildew, bacteria and viruses.
|Animal Repellant||Algaecide||Molluscicide||Water Purifier|
PMRA Exemption for UV-C Devices
On June 7, 2021, the Minister of Health released an Interim Order Respecting Ultraviolet Radiation-emitting Devices and Ozone-generating Devices. Details can be found here.
According to this new rules, an ultraviolet radiation-emitting device can be exempt from PMRA registration if the device meets certain conditions. Typical ultraviolet radiation-emitting device include UV-C Sanitizers or other disinfectant products.
Canadian Representative for PMRA Registration
According to PMRA rules, a Canadian Representative is required for foreign manufactures to apply for the PMRA registration. We also provide this service and the detailed information for the Canadian Representative is as below.
Company Name: TianHeng Consulting Inc
Company Address: 130 Terence Matthews Cres., Suite C2, Kanata, ON K2M 0J1, Canada
Phone Number: 613-220-8490
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For pricing and other inquires please contact us at email@example.com or fill out the form below.