The China Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulation are similar to the European RoHS regulations however also have several differences.
- China- RoHS does not allow any exception for products in the so-called “Electronic Information Products” (EIP) group.
- Products for the end customers are required to be labeled. Suppliers do not to provide the mentioned marking but shall supply to the purchaser all necessary information required.
- The limitations of the restricted substances are not yet defined. They will be similar to the limits of the EU-RoHS but the CHINA-RoHS does not allow any exceptions as indicated in the EU-RoHS guidelines.
- The outermost packaging materials must be marked with the respective recycling logos according to GB-18455-2001.
- All information according to CHINA-RoHS has to be available in Chinese.
- The CHINA-RoHS conformity has to be confirmed by a Chinese laboratory, while the EU-RoHS conformity can be assured with self declaration.
There are two important Chinese RoHS standards. The requirements and limits are specified in the GB/T 26572-2011, the requirements for Concentration Limits for Certain Restricted Substances in Electrical and Electronic Products. The measurement methods are specified in GB/T 26125-2011, Electrical and Electronics products – Determination of Six Regulated Substances. TianHeng Consulting provides English translation of these two standards which can be found here.